Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.Andrew Iskander
21 Ways to Bring Joy into Your Life
1. Spend time with children (there are children everywhere).
2. Discover something refreshing (or surprising).
3. Feel your body (you are a miracle of life).
4. Read a novel (fiction, stories, not the usual self-improvement stuff).
5. Travel (any distance).
6. Look for smiles in people’s faces (on the street and on TV).
7. Write thank you notes (to yourself too).
8. Create a rhythm for your daily life (simple things will do).
9. Exercise (in a way that makes you smile).
10. Help someone (with something you enjoy doing).
11. Find a color that makes you feel good (and wear it).
12. Enjoy your spiritual practice. (Enjoy!)
13. Spend time with nature (plants and pets are nature too).
14. Do something creative (just for yourself).
15. Accept help from people (strangers, too).
16. Learn something new. (What have you always wanted to learn?)
17. Listen to music (and let your body move along).
18. Walk barefoot (slowly).
19. Savor simple pleasures. (What’s that?)
20. Give yourself a break (in every sense of the word).
21. When you have a choice, choose joy.